May 17, 2007
A True Florida Girl!
A few weeks ago, after we had dinner, we decided we would walk out to the beach and let Jolee see it. She loved it! She laughed and smiled the whole time we were out there. We had not really thought it thru, that she might love it so much she would want to get in the ocean, all we had was the clothes on our back, but that didn't stop her. After we put her little feet in the water, she wanted to keep on going.. So needless to say, when it was time to leave, she was soaking wet, and had to be stripped down and wrapped up in Daddy's t-shirt for the walk back to the car. Silas and I loved watching her. It really amazes me that she loves the beach so much, and isn't scared of the waves splashing her in the face, she just squills. We would sit her on the sand, and there she went crawling straight for the water. It looks like she is going to be a true Florida girl! Oh, and I should add, that Silas isn't a real big fan of the beach, due to having sand all over him, but we have already been back to the beach since this trip, so I guess fatherhood does change a person, because now he sees it thru Jolee's eyes!








2 Comments:

Blogger Owl of the Desert said...

She just seems to be so happy whatever she's doing - beach, pool, refrigerators! Ya'll will be getting her swimming lessons soon!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As awful as it makes me feel you all being so far away. It looks like you are right. She loves it. Wish I had a beach down the road from my house so I could see you all more.....
I LOVE YOU ALL.
HUGS.....NONA (KIM)

Post a Comment

<< Home