April 24, 2007
Fridge Play, Again!
Alright, so I guess we are getting to the stage where Jolee has decided she wants to see how everything works. So we have already discovered she likes the inside of the Refrigerator. But now she can open the drawers and takes things off of the shelves. For Example- Silas grabbed a Capri Sun out of the fridge, on the way out the door the other day, and when we got in the car down the road he discovered that the straw had been pulled off of the drink. Then at that moment I remembered seeing Jolee pulling the straws off of all the drinks the day before, because she had figured out how to open the drawer they were in, get the drink out, and then pull the straw off, that's a huge accomplishment for her, I thought. On the other hand, I could see Silas's point as he had to cut the tip of the Capri Sun off to drink it, due to there not being a straw attached to it. So yesterday, she kept taking the towel rack and hand towel off of the refrigerator door (the towel rack is magnetic). So I thought magnets, she would love playing with magnets on the refrigerator. So I got 2 magnets and showed her how to put them on the door and take them off, so after that the whole time I was cooking supper last night, that kept her busy. Clearly, now I have to go get some cool Alphabet Magnets or something like that for her to play with, but we worked with what we had last night. And she loved it, and evidently thought it was neat. I know some people are going to say come on Tara a magnet blog, but people this means my baby is growing up, and is learning how to do new things. So we must document it!


Jolee working diligently on getting the magnets on the fridge door.

Look how proud she is, that she did it!



2 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

How cute is she!!! I miss her already, and I just saw you 2 days ago. :) Glad you had a great time at the concert.

Blogger Owl of the Desert said...

That is so cute. I remember us having a magnetic alphabet set. And from there, she can graduate to magnetic poetry!

Post a Comment

<< Home