January 7, 2008
My Girl is Back!
Thank the Lord! Jolee is doing much better. She has turned the corner and is on her way to making a full recovery. Yesterday, she started eating again, talking to us, laughing and playing. You can not imagine how happy I felt on Friday, when she looked up at me and smiled, it actually brought tears to me eyes. She has been one sick little girl, she had not smiled, laughed, ate or played since last Sunday, so you can imagine, I was one worried Mommy.
Last Thursday the Dr. herself called me at home and told me she was going to admit her in the hospital, because she was still running a fever and pretty much lifeless, then after we talked a bit she decided that she would check her on Friday and then make a decision on whether or not to send us on in. So thank God on Thursday evening her fever finally broke. On Friday she started smiling and coming around a bit, I'm so thankful. The Dr. sent us home with strict instructions on Friday if she starts going down hill again, get her to the hospital immediately. The Dr. told me it would take a good 2 weeks for Jolee to start being her full self again, and until then she needed to rest, I needed to keep pushing fluids, and she needed to stay in and not get around people because if she picked anything else up with her immune system being weak, we would have to start all over again and that would not be good for her. She is still pale looking and tires easily.
Granna came down to help me out, because I was exhausted and nothing had been done in my house since last Sunday due to her laying pretty much lifeless in my arms from last Sunday till Friday. Granna kept Jolee last night and Silas and I actually got to get out of the house and went on a date. We had such a wonderful time, we went out to eat and then went to a movie! We missed Jolee like crazy, but oh how nice it was to eat dinner with no one in my lap and sitting through a whole movie without getting up having to get juice or change a diaper etc, etc WOW! So we had a wonderful night being out just the 2 of us!
Thanks so much to everyone who has sent up prayers for Jolee, please continue to keep her in your prayers as she continues to get better and better. Thank you also for the phone calls and emails as well. It is a wonderful feeling to have such great family and friends you can count on in a time of need.


4 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

So glad she is on the mend. Hope she continues to perk up throughout the week.

Blogger Brittany said...

It is good to hear Jolee's back in action! We were praying for yall!

Blogger Owl of the Desert said...

Oh goodness! So glad to hear Jolee is doing better. I just read the post and had no idea she was so sick!

Blogger Laura said...

So glad she's feeling better! Hope to see you soon!

Post a Comment

<< Home