December 13, 2007
Our Tree is Up, Finally!
Can it really be Christmas time AGAIN, all ready? It seems to have really snuck up on us this year, because let me tell you....I'm not prepared for it! We (as in Jolee and I) just started...I mean just started our Christmas shopping on Tuesday of this week, and let me tell you, it is not so pleasant to shop with an 18 month old by yourself during the Christmas rush. So due to that, I have ordered a lot of presents online, so here's hoping they get here before we leave for Bama next week.

On Tuesday night we finally got our Christmas tree up, due to being out of town so much the last couple of weeks, that was really the first chance we have had to put it up together as a family. Jolee loves, loves, loves, the tree and so far has been very good about not taking any ornaments off and being so gentle when she does touche them. I even caught her yesterday up in the front room sitting on the love seat just staring at the tree. How sweet, is that? And our neighborhood let me tell you, is in the holiday spirit..we have never lived in a subdivision like this one, there are tons of houses that have lots of decorations and lots of lights going on. When we drive thru, Jolee is pointing and saying Mommy (i guess that's her way of saying Mommy, look at those lights). She will stand in the driveway and point to the houses around her that has lights, and say...WOW! So her good ole Daddy put her some lights up last night, on the house and in the tree in the front yard. The whole time he was out there working on them, she was running around in the grass barefoot and in her PJ's saying....Daddy, WOW WEE, over and over again. She is at such a great and fun stage this year for Christmas, it has been so much fun watching her react to all the lights, and trees, and stockings, and when you are out in a store or whatever she will point and show you the Christmas trees and decorations and you better acknowledge her and say how pretty, because she won't stop till you do.


Pappy bought her this snow globe back in September and she played with it for a couple of weeks, but then I put it up, to save it for Christmas time. Well, we got it out Sunday night, and Pappy I do have to say that is the best $10.oo you could have ever spent. She kisses it, She sits with it while watching TV, she will sit and push the button for the music to play and then get up and move her head side to side as if she was dancing, thankfully it has a ton of Christmas songs on it, because we hear it through out the house day and night!

Jolee watched us for a while when we started decorating the tree, as if she was soaking it all in. Then she came and got an ornament and went and laid it on a branch and turned around and started clapping for herself, we were going on about what a good job, looks great, etc. Then she shook her head no and came over to me and got a hook and wanted the hook on her ornament, when we had fixed it for her she then proceeded to put it back on the tree branch...The girl watches and soaks up everything...


She worked I know for a good 10-15 minutes on placing the ornament balls, that we were not going to use back in the box, facing straight up and in a straight line, just perfectly. (she gets that bit of compulsive behavior from her Daddy).

We don't have a mantle, so we improvised and hung them from a little ledge in the front room with the Christmas tree.

Our little tree. It was so much fun getting to show and tell Jolee about all the ornaments from over the years that Granna has given me. I have a collection and now she has started Jolee one as well. I love it!

**I realize it has been awhile since I last posted, but I wanted to thank you so much for the prayers that went up for my Dad/Pappy. He is finally feeling better, still a little weak, but so much better.**

We had a great time in Bama last week and have lots of pictures and post to come. The couples baby shower that we had for Uncle JoJo and Aunt Pam went lovely, we all had a great time, well except for the fact that I was throwing up due to a migraine that day, but other than that, it was great...I have pictures from that to put up soon, and pictures of Jolee playing with her dolls, and showing her belly off and saying Baby, just to copy and be like Aunt Pam, Oh yes, so see good stuff to come.**



1 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

First, I have to say that it must be a crime for Sophie to have a bigger stocking than anyone else. HA!

Emma was sitting in my lap as I read the post and when we got to the picture of Jolie touching the Christmas lights, Emma said "Jolie! Don't touch!" I thought it was pretty funny...especially since Emma hears that a million times a day.

Post a Comment

<< Home