January 2, 2008
Hope your New Year's Day was better than our's...
So by looking at the above picture you have probably guessed that Jolee is...one SICK little girl. That's how come we spent our New Year's Day in the Children's Hospital. Here's a summed up version of what has been going on with her... She has been running a fever since Sunday and it has continually gotten HIGHER, even with Motrin and Tylenol. I mean yes, sometimes it would break, but then climb right back up. At one point it got up to 102.8 on Monday and then at about 5:30 AM on Tuesday it went up to 104.6, her body was steaming! She has thrown up a couple of times and started having the problem with the other end yesterday. So after finally talking to her Dr. yesterday, she said she has to be seen today, that is way to high of a fever for her to have and to have it for 3 days, get her to the ER. She has been so, so pale looking, except when her fever would spike up, and then she would have rosy red cheeks, and she has literally sat in my lap for 3 DAYS, that's all she has wanted..is just me to hold her. Flattering yes, but exhausting! She has really been one sick little girl, bless her heart.
After all the poking and prodding my baby went through yesterday at the ER, we still really don't know what is wrong with her. They did blood work and urine test and sent off the blood work to test it and watch it for 24 and 48 hours. Talk about somebody not happy yesterday, oh she screamed and screamed, people were holding her down to get urine samples, checking temps, and then had to draw blood and then put an IV in her arm. Mommy had a hard time to yesterday, I mean my poor baby was already not feeling well, but to see her go through all that on top of being extremely sick, and I know they had to do it, in order to help her and see what's causing all these high fevers, but still that's my BABY! Anyway, the only thing we know as of now is.. Her white blood cell count is elevated, so she probably has some kind of virus or bacterial infection, they gave her some fluids through an IV, and then an antibiotic (Rocefrin) through her IV. After we got her home last night, we started to see our little girl coming back around to us, she started talking more and actually played a little bit (thank the Lord). She still is running a fever and woke up with 102.5 this morning at 4:00AM. We have to go back to the Dr. today for her to be rechecked and to see if she needs more antibiotics or fluids from what I understand. So please be in prayer for Jolee, she needs it! Sorry it got a little on the long side of an update, but I figured all the family and friends would want to know. I will try to give an update when we get back this afternoon from the Dr. Thanks in advance for your prayers.



**I have tons of pictures to post of Christmas, sorry I haven't posted sooner, but with the Holidays, traveling, and Jolee being sick, well the old blog has been put on the back burner, I'll hopefully get some up soon**


2 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Oh, poor little thing! That sounds a lot like when Emma was in the hospital for the UTI (or whatever that was). I hope that she starts feeling better really soon. I know how exhausting it is to hold a little one continually for days on end.

We miss you all!!

Blogger Laura said...

I'm so sorry! I hope she'll get better soon. Please call if you need anything at all. Hope to see you soon!

Post a Comment

<< Home