December 19, 2007
It went just how we expected!
So we made the Santa Clause trip yesterday, even though we knew exactly how it would go we decided to do it anyway. We got in line last night to see Santa at the Mall and we were so excited because we were like the 4th people in line, we (Silas and I) were pumped saying stuff like...this is the time to come, we beat the rush, this wont take long and then we can go get something to eat, alright, yes!!
Then we get the dreaded news...Santa is taking an HOUR break, he will be back at 6:15! What?? Are you kidding me? No Santa's little helper was not kidding, he was gone a whole hour and then some. So we debated, ok we can stay in line and know we will be 4th in line to see him when he gets back, or we can do some shopping and then come back and stand in a line that was by this time getting longer and longer. The things you do for your kids and Santa, we stood in line! As Silas walked away to go do some shopping, I shouted... is your phone on in case there is a Christmas miracle and he comes back early. As I stood in line waiting on the miracle, it did not happen, but Silas did come back and then I got to go and get a snack and change Jolee's diaper, and as I'm typing this, it just hit me, I got the bad end of the deal all the way around.. I stood in line keeping our spot so we could see Santa and then went and stood in line to change a diaper. (Although the bag he was carrying in his hands when he came back may have been worth it)!

As we waited and waited and waited in line we ate some snacks while sitting on the mall floor, probably not the most sanitary decision but my legs, feet and back were killing me!! Anyway, Jolee was in the best of moods, laughing, eating, playing, looking at all the Christmas decorations, watching all the other kids.



It was going great, we were next in line, she was smiling, laughing, we were ready. Santa's little helper came and got us and said whatever you do DO NOT, let her see Santa yet, keep her pointing and looking in another direction until I get the camera ready, then just set her down and I will snap the picture. Ok we got it. Not so much, she turned her head and saw him as Silas was sitting her down in his lap, and she lost it...screaming bloody murder, and she had a death grip on her Daddy.


So then we decided we would all be in the picture with Santa, that didn't work either, she wouldn't even calm down enough to see that at this point Mommy was sitting on Santa's lap, and Daddy was holding her sitting next to Santa. At this point she is still screaming, Silas is trying to calm her down, and I'm getting a speech from Santa....
Santa: How old is she?
Me: 18 months (but in my head, I'm thinking, you should know that if you were Santa)
Santa: Yep, they don't like me at this age
Me: Sorry Santa!
Santa: Well how would you like to be thrown into a cage with 4 rottweilers, that is the comparison to kids at this age and me.
Me: Ok, thanks Santa (I mean what are you supposed to say to that) besides walking away thinking about the horrible mother you are, for throwing your baby into a cage with 4 rottweilers A.K.A. Santa!

So this is our picture with Santa this year. We weren't disappointed, upset, or anything like that, because we knew exactly how it would go, and that it did.



2 Comments:

Blogger Table of Stone said...

Christmas picture is priceless!!! I wonder what it is about Santa?? So interesting.

Blogger Brittany said...

Good to see Jolee's a Ruffles fan!

Post a Comment

<< Home