September 9, 2008
Picking with Pappy!
No, they weren't picking their nose's, they were picking apples on the farm. She had so much fun helping pick those green apples, she came back telling me all about it. How she held them, and stood on a ladder to reach it, and she saw the cows, but most importantly she got to ride the golf cart!

This picture looks like she is reaching with all her might!


Looks like she was a good little helper.

See I got one!
They came back with buckets full of apples!
**Thanks Pappy and Grandad for taking her to pick apples with you. To tell you how much she enjoyed it, here's you a little story. Today at the Library, they read a book about apples. Jolee got so excited and said out loud ...I pick apples, green apples, member (remember) mommy? Yes, I remember Jolee, but lets let the librarian finish reading the story. Mommy, Jolee pick apples in Awobama (Alabama)! Our librarian got tickled because Jolee usually is very quiet and reserved, but not today she wanted to tell about her picking green apples with her Pappy and Grandad.**

Looks like she can get away with a lot when she is with her Pappy!


Jolee and Grandad looking at the cows. When we turn to drive up their road she knows where we are, because she starts hollering.....look cows, cows, see the cows? moo, moo!


I'm so thankful that we have the opportunity (and by opportunity I mean with in driving distance, hours of driving distance, but still driving distance and a wonderful husband that knows how important seeing and being with my family is to me and to let us go home and visit like we do, because I know he misses her greatly when we are gone) to go back home and visit and for Jolee to get to play and experience the farm like I did when I was growing up. That's important to me, I loved it and still do, and looks and sounds like my daughter does too! I can't wait till Fall so we can take her down to the creek!


Just one more reason, to love it back home, the beautiful sunsets! Ok, so now that I'm severely homesick, by looking at all these pictures and talking about my wonderful family that I miss so badly, I'm going to sign off for now!



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad Jolee loves the farm. When I was 12 we moved here, from a life of moving every 4 years,(navy brat)it was wonderful to live somewhere and never have to move again!! I love the farm and I'm so glad you have great memories of it too!!! Cute that Jolee remember picking apples. We miss Ya'll too!!!!
Love Granna

Post a Comment

<< Home