May 18, 2010
My Sunshine's
So the other day, I was singing the song "You are my sunshine, My only sunshine" to Brennan while I was getting him dressed. I did not even know, Jolee was listening or paying attention to me, she was in her room playing Barbies. She walked around the corner and entered Brennan's room, while I'm still singing and said in the sweetest most concerned little voice...
Mom, that isn't true.

I stopped singing and said, what's not true baby? She said Brennan is not your only sunshine, I am too, right Mom?

As I stood there, I could feel my heart breaking and quickly said...yes baby girl, I have 2 sunshine's...Jolee and Brennan! The biggest smile, came over her face!


So now, this is how I sing the Sunshine song.....




Ya'll are my sunshine's, my only sunshine's
Ya'll make me happy, when skies are grey
Ya'll will never know dear's, how much I love ya'll
Please don't take my sunshine's away!!
And everyone is happy! And the lesson I learned, they are always, always, always listening!



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart just broke! That is so precious!
Love,
Nina

Blogger Brittany said...

Everytime I hear that song I will think of you guys!

That is so sweet! I love it!

Post a Comment

<< Home