May 27, 2009
On her "Pure Day"!
After she spotted her presents that morning, it was like torture for the poor girl. So after countless times, of catching her just looking up at her birthday presents and her asking me...is Daddy coming home now? I gave in and gave her one present, but she had to wait on Daddy to get home to open the others. I bet yesterday seemed like an eternity to her!


Dipping the mix into the cupcake holders!

We had such a good day! I took her to the store and let her pick out the cupcake mix, icing, and sprinkles that she wanted and we went home and baked them together.

Adding the sprinkles!

Throughout the day, she would say...Mom, can you sing happy birthday to me! There is no telling, how many times I sang that yesterday!

Jolee and her finished cupcakes!

She loved them! I guess, because all she eats is the icing and they were chocolate her favorite! So we snuggled on the couch and watched Beauty and Beast while she licked away! She got to pick where she wanted to go eat for her birthday supper and yes, she picked Chick-Fil-A her all time favorite restaurant! Then came home and opened presents, I don't have those pictures uploaded yet, but she was so cute and loved them all! She was so grateful and kept saying...I always wanted this mom and dad! After she opened the present from Sophie, she went and gave her a kiss and said....Sophie this is a wonderful gift! I kid you not, she said that to our dog!

Last night as we were laying in bed, she said this has been the best day Mom! She melts my heart!



3 Comments:

Blogger Table of Stone said...

YUM!!! I really want some cupcakes now! Happy Birthday Jolee!

Blogger Owl of the Desert said...

Wow! It's so hard to believe she's three! Happy Birthday, Jolee!

Those cupcakes look delicious! What a great little baker she is!

Post a Comment

<< Home