May 5, 2009
Learning Patience
Personally, I'm still trying to learn patience and I think we always will be. But poor Jolee, is just learning about the word "patience" and what it means.
We were in Target the other day and looking thru the $1 bins, gotta love the $1 bins at Target! And just the day before, we had gotten back from Alabama. Where Granna and Pappy's whole yard is filled with beautiful flowers and plants, etc, etc! When Jolee picks up this all in one kit, that includes...the soil, the seeds, the pot, everything you need to grow your own sunflower. Well in her words.....she needed it! She said she needed to grow flowers like Granna. So I then proceed to tell her, that Mommy's not the good at growing and planting flowers or for that matter even keeping them alive, once they are planted for me. She then tells me it's ok, Daddy can help her!!

So what did we do, we got the all in one sunflower kit for $1 and Daddy helped her plant it that night!
I mean I got a lot of great genes from my mom, including Fibromyalgia, but I didn't inherit her green thumb!
However, if you remember last year I did plant some flowers and they were pretty, but they died!

Jolee and Daddy counting out the seeds!

Here is where learning patience kicks in! After everything was planted and done, she picked it up and said where is my flower? So that started the conversation of patience and how it takes time for things to grow!


She is so proud of her little potted plant and she ask several times a day, is my flower ready yet?




3 Comments:

I just saw those in my Target today too! I can't wait to see how they grow. You'll have to do a weekly photo update of her beautiful garden. And don't worry, I have a "black thumb" too!

Blogger Amanda said...

Poor baby! I hope her flowers grow big and tall. I dread the "patience" talk with my kids!!

Blogger Kathy U said...

You tell her that you can not learn patience over night. Sister Kathy is still waiting to KNOW patience. :)
Love ya Sis Kathy

Post a Comment

<< Home