April 16, 2009
Beach Babes!
So Yesterday, Amanda and I took the girls to the beach. We had a blast! However, it was a bit chilly at times. But that didn't stop Carrigan and Jolee.

They ran all over that beach, they played in the sand, they chased birds, and even put their feet in the water. They would run to edge of the water and wait on the waves to come up to them and get them wet, and then they would take off running and squealing. We laughed and laughed at them.


Carrigan playing in the sand!


Jolee pointing and wanting to go in the water!


Forget trying to get a 3 year old and almost 3 year old to stand still and smile and both look at the camera at the same time. So I gave up, and we have actions shots!



Jolee running to show us her feather she found! And yes, we had to bring it home and all the shells and broken shells she found as well, so Daddy could see them.


I love this picture of the girls!



And here's a picture of the running and squealing I was talking about.



Carrigan taking it all in!
We had such a good time! The only thing that would have made it better, is if it would have been a little warmer.
As we were leaving the beach, I told Amanda...looks like you got some sun. Then we went to eat and as we were leaving there, I said..Um Amanda.... you got burnt. When we got back to the house, I said Amanda....you got fried! She just kept getting worse and worse as the day went on. Bless her heart, she is so burnt it's not funny.
I learned my lesson last year, for those of you who remember that experience. And putting sunscreen on was the first thing I did, well after lathering up Jolee!




4 Comments:

Blogger Table of Stone said...

It only takes one time to learn your lesson on not wearing sunscreen. I'm an advocate for sunscreen...ask my sister, I drive her nuts telling her she needs to wear it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I did put sunscreen on my front:) It was just so cold that day tha Tara and I just laid on our stomachs the whole time! Next time sunscreen all over!!! It was a blast and the girls had so much fun!! We'll do it again soon. 6 more weeks till school is out!Love, Amanda

Blogger Brittany said...

Makes me miss the beach.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Can not wait to spend some time with you this summer!!

Love Ya,
Beth

Post a Comment

<< Home