March 25, 2009
9 years
9 years ago today, I remember being so nervous about walking down the aisle. But I knew once I got down there, it would all be better. I would be marrying the man of my dreams. My best friend, my greatest supporter, and the one God had picked out just for me. We went out on a date to celebrate our Anniversary last Saturday, just the 2 of us and while I was getting ready, I got a little nervous. It's funny how still after being married for 9 years, I get butterflies in my stomach, when we are together.
We have both matured, grown and changed a lot over the years. But we have done it together, still loving each other in the process. My prayer for us is, that we will continue to put God first in our lives and go in the direction he would have us to go as a family.
**Silas, I fall more in love with you everyday. I love the husband, the daddy, and the man, you have become. I love that you are following God and love that we are serving Him together as a family. Thank you so much for all you do, for us! Love, T**

Ok, now that we got all the mushy lovey dovey stuff out of the way, I'll tell you about our date. We went to the Melting Pot!
Neither one of us had ever been there before. I will admit, when I heard I had to pay to cook my own food at a restaurant on our anniversary date, I was a little taken back. But it was GREAT! It was different, fun and romantic all at the same time.
We where in a booth, that was candle lit and you could see no one else in the restaurant, not even the waitress that was coming, until she was right there in front of your table. Silas also stepped it up and had roses waiting there at the table when we arrived and they took our picture and put it in a cute little frame for us.

We ate and ate and ate! They bring you tons of food out. For an example, we had bread and apples to dip in the cheese, we had salads, we had vegetables and meat...(lobster, steak,shrimp,chicken,etc) we had a dessert plate to dip in chocolate that was out of this world...(cheesecake, strawberries,brownies, rice crispy treats, marshmallows,etc) I mean the list could go on and on. It was fabulous.


Silas enjoying his dinner



Who would have thought a plain ole girl like me, would have enjoyed a fancy fondue place!
We had a wonderful time. When we were not talking about Jolee, we tried to recall all the places we had lived and where we had celebrated our previous 8 anniversaries. And if you know us and our moving record, that was a challenge!!
Jolee spent the afternoon shopping and having dinner with our beloved "Nina" and family. She had a wonderful time with them as always. And to Nina, Brother Lee, Sarah, and Katie thank you again so much!
Happy 9th Anniversary to us! I'm off to do the laundry now!



2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Jon took me to the Melting Pot for my birthday last year. At first I was like you, "Fondue? Really"? But (like you) I luuuved it! I could have ate a million of those dessert plates! Glad y'all had such a good time and Happy Anniversary! Hope y'all have many more years together!

Blogger Brittany said...

Happy Anniversary!

You and Silas are such a great example to those around you! I am so thankful for you guys!

Post a Comment

<< Home