May 26, 2009
3 years old!
My baby turned 3 today, where has the time gone? Everybody always tells ya, kids grow up too fast, but you never really believe it, till its your kid!
My heart hurts, she's not a baby anymore. She doesn't need me, to do every little thing for her anymore, because according to her...she's a big girl now and she can do it by herself!
Last night, I tell you it got to me. I shed a few tears, thinking to myself...this is the last time I will bathe my 2 year old, or this is the last time, I will tuck in a 2 year old. I know, I'm a sap when it comes to things like this.
I decided a couple of weeks ago, I would start writing down things she said or did and put it in her Birthday post, so I can always remember it.
So here's a few:
  • Jolee's sense of time is: Last Morning! She will say, you remember we did that last morning. No matter if it was a week ago or a month ago, it was last morning to her!
  • Her Daddy said to her the other day...Jolee it's bath time and she replied, but I don't think I'm dirty today!
  • We can say, Jolee your silly...she says....no I'm funny!
  • Jolee what time did you wake up today....30 o'clock! Jolee what time is it (as she is looking at the clock with a concentrating face on) it's 30 o'clock mom!

Sometimes she shortens my name to mom or mama...what happen to her saying mommy all the time? Jolee loves and has learned so many things lately. She loves to go to the Library, loves to sing, and absolutely loves to hear stories about when she was a baby.

She is growing up, way too fast! She has learned to bathe herself, brush her teeth by herself, and after we tell her a story, she now makes up her own story to tell us. She has also started to make up excuses of why she can't do something we ask her to do. Example: Jolee go clean up your play room.... I need to go take a nap and rest (knowing good and well, when it is nap time we have to make her go take a nap)!

But to her, her biggest accomplishment that she has learned, is to open the refrigerator door all by herself. She loves it and is so proud of herself! The other day, I was in the living room and here she came with the chocolate syrup and said she wanted some chocolate milk. As we laughed, Silas and I looked at each other and said yep, we are in trouble!

I interviewed her last night and got her to tell me her favorite things. Again, mostly for me so I can always remember when she turned 3 what a few of her favorite things were:

  • Jolee's favorite color....Black and Red
  • Jolee's favorite number....#2
  • Jolee's favorite restaurant....Chick-Fil-A
  • Jolee's favorite food....Chicken
  • Jolee's favorite drink....coke and orange juice
  • Jolee's favorite place to shop....Wal Mart
  • Jolee's favorite place to go....Pappy and Granna's house
  • Jolee's favorite "girl" friends to play with....Abby, Emma, Carrigan, & Katie
  • Jolee's favorite song...This is the Day
  • Jolee's favorite church song....Holy, Holy, Holy
  • Jolee's favorite princess....Belle
  • Jolee's favorite TV show....The goodnight show
  • Jolee's favorite movie....Beauty and Beast
  • Jolee's favorite toy to play with at home... Her kitchen stuff
  • Jolee's favorite animal....horses
  • Jolee's favorite animal to sleep with....monkey (but she said, I really need them all)

Jolee what is the #1 thing, you hope you get for your 3rd Birthday.....A Belle dress!

When I woke her up this morning, I was singing... The Happy Birthday song to her and when I finished I said Jolee do you feel 3 years old? Her reply...Not yet!

I could go on and on about her and all she has learned and does now, but this post is already pretty long. But my baby will only turn 3 once, right? I'm so blessed to have her as my daughter and so thankful that I'm her mommy. She makes me laugh every day and her smile brightens my day. I love her to pieces! She is such a good girl, who is growing up way too fast! I thank my God everyday for her (our little 5lb 3oz miracle).

Happy 3rd Birthday Jolee! I love you so much, Love Mommy

She has loved wearing her little ribbon, that has all the princesses on there and says..It's my Birthday! Everybody all day has told her "Happy Birthday" everywhere we have went and she gets so excited and says...thank you, I'm 3!




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jolee!!!

Love Ya,
Beth, Brian and Matthew

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jolee Wow we can't belive You are 3333333!!!!!
We are very proud of you and your sweet sprit. Obey your parents
for that will make everyone happy
We Love you
Granna and Pappy

Blogger Kathy U said...

I know how you feel. Your post bring tears to my eyes. We can't be to tearful now. You have to keep your eyes clear for the future. You can look forward to skinned knees, math homework, spelling words and bible verses. I can look forward to one more daughter with boys :p and oh yeah those grandchild of the future. Love ya'll. Thank you for reminding me of our propose.
Sis Kathy

Post a Comment

<< Home