December 11, 2008
Our Thanksgiving Day: Part 2
I know you are all looking at the above picture thinking to yourself, Tara must have put up the wrong picture, because that doesn't look like turkey or any other Thanksgiving Day food I have ever seen. I assure you, this time I didn't put up the wrong picture.


Pappy and Jolee

We go to my Grandparents house on Thanksgiving Day evening, and we have so many young kiddos all over the place now, that instead of doing the traditional sit down turkey and ham dinner, we have a bonfire and roast hot dogs and do smores and then we go on a hayride out in the pasture. It's all about the kids at my Grandparents house!

Everyone loves it, from the smaller all the way up to the big kids. We sit around laugh and talk while the kids run around and have a good time playing together.
Wondering why I'm helping Jolee roast her winnie instead of her Daddy (I think that is a Daddy's job, am I right)? Well, you see Silas caught "The Virus"! Yep, that afternoon he started not looking so good, and then BAM, it hit him! Bless his heart, so we tucked him into bed and well that's where he spent the next 2 days. So he missed out on all the festivities. Poor Baby.


Jolee staring at the stars! She did that for the longest time!



My grandma and grandpa!




Ok, I know that my eyes look huge and they are wide open here, but it is a cute picture of Jolee and we don't have that many of us together, because I'm the one always taking them, so there you go... one of Jolee and her wide eyed Mommy at the bonfire!



This is our cousin Alex, either pretending he is going to roast something or he is thinking about throwing the stick into the fire. Either one, he is such a cutie pie!




Aunt Pam, Uncle JoJo and Weston on the hayride! Weston fell asleep while on the hayride. But at least they know what to do on those sleepless nights now...take him on a hayride!



Look at that adorable face and those cheeks! Gosh, I miss him.



Joseph, Abigail or (Abidale as Jolee calls her), and Audrey trying to find the perfect seat on the hayride.
What a wonderful Thanksgiving we had! We have so much to be thankful for!











1 Comments:

Blogger Rebekah Sacran said...

What a GREAT Thanksgiving tradition! How fun except for your poor husband. It seems every year my Dad's family gets together someone always has the stomach virus. It's such a bummer.

Post a Comment

<< Home