December 2, 2008
"The Virus Trip"
(Audrey and Jolee playing dress up)
So by now everyone should know, that Amber and I took a road trip to Kentucky to visit family. We had a great time! I can't tell you, how much fun we had. We got to meet all of the Gowens family and have adopted them as our Paw Paw, Nana and Aunt Bethany too, I mean the list goes on and on naming everyone, but you get my point. Amber's family took us right in and we enjoyed getting to spend time with them. We also got to meet the newest addition... Miss. Hailey, who is so, so cute! Jolee took up with everyone so fast, it was amazing!

Amber and I laughed all the way to Kentucky and all the way back, it was hysterical! The morning we left, well lets see...my car wouldn't crank, I got stopped by the train who then decided to sit in the middle of the tracks, for like 20 mins, and then as soon as we got all the car seats in and tv's hooked up for the kiddos, we left and ran over a squirrel, and the list could go on and on here too. But it was one of the funnest trips I have ever been on. The way up to Kentucky was a breeze, I tell ya. The way back not so much, and we knew it would be that way. But we had extra problems that hit us like...Jolee and I caught a virus, a horrible virus at that, so you can imagine how many times we had to stop for that. Abby had a fever and did not feel good at all. Nathan found his voice while in Kentucky and did not want to be tied down. And Jolee and Emma were being 2 year olds some off the way back. That is besides everyone being exhausted and tired! So needless to say a 12 hour trip took us about 15 hours to get home. But Amber and I being the 2 peas in a pod that we are, laughed us all the way back home still!


(Our cousin Audrey)

(Cousins Joseph and Edison)


After spending some time at Amber's parents house we got to go and spend some time with my Aunt Michele, Uncle Brian, Joseph, Audrey, and Edison! We had a wonderful time! All the kids played so good together. We got to visit the children's museum a couple of times, visit their church, and Michele and I got to talk, and talk, and talk, while the kids played and played and played. And we had a lot more on the schedule to do, but Jolee and I caught this horrible virus that is clearly going around in Kentucky.
We were doomed, everywhere we went people had it or had had it! So sure enough we got it and that had to prolong our stay in the great state of Kentucky, until I could actually get out of bed by myself and had quit throwing up! Jolee and I had it at the same time and it was HORRIBLE! I cant say that enough! It clearly is going around here too, because we brought it back with us and shared it with the Ferrell's and some more dear friends from church and then when I thought we were over it and doing good, we went to Alabama for Thanksgiving and shared it up there too. Yep, Silas came down with it Thanksgiving night and then shared it with Aunt Pam, people are loving us right now, I tell ya!



(Cousin Edison)


(Joseph and Jolee hanging out watching TV)





(Jolee putting on a puppet show!)




(Nathan sleeping on the way back!)



(The 3 amigos asleep on the way back)
Believe it or not, they went to sleep on their on. Meaning no benadryl was given at this time! What a great trip with lots of wonderful memories. And another believe it or not for you, we are planning our next road trip already for the spring...Bama Bound!
I do understand that the van was quiet a mess when Jay had to clean it out. The statement was made "our wives are pigs"! But we were in survival mode!
I will leave you with some funnies!
Abby: Mom it is steaming back here! (Meaning turn the heat down, it's hot)
Emma: Jolee, Jolee, Jolee! Sister. Tara Jolee won't talk to me.
Me: Jolee answer Emma!
Jolee: Emma, I'm tired! I don't want to talk!












2 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I am laughing hysterically over here. Gosh, that sure was fun, huh? I miss you guys so much!!

Sorry you all gave the virus around ALabama too. I think I figured out why this thing is so contagious...it has serious hang time. We were over it for a good 4 days before we went to Wanda and Jimmy's on Saturday. And now, that whole crew has it. What gives? It's crazy how nasty this thing is.

Hope you all are recovering from your world travels. :)I'll call you soon!

Blogger Table of Stone said...

Haha! That conversation is hilarious. Looks like it was a fun trip

Post a Comment

<< Home