October 29, 2008
A few little stories for ya.........
So yesterday, I found a birthday check that belonged to Jolee! I had put it up, where it would be safe until we got ready to spend it. So approximately 5 months later we spent it! We bought her a Wagon with the money and she loves it! We have already taken it for a spin around the ole neighborhood. She is so excited about it. The weather was so nice out there today, a bit nippy at first, but it felt like fall with the fresh air blowing and all.
****************************************************************************
This week being the week of Halloween, we have tried to do fun pumpkin projects. We are not into all the scary stuff, but we do like to have fun and dress Jolee up (as fun and cute things) and go out trick-or-treating with her, go to the pumpkin patch and those sort of things.
Speaking of scary things, I'm the biggest scaredy cat around. I do not watch scary movies, I don't even like to read or look at anything scary for that matter. At the Library yesterday, we checked out some books and one of them was the Bernstein Bears "Go on a Ghost walk". I got it, because I was thinking how scary can Papa, Mama, Brother and Sister Bear be, right? Well in my opinion after reading only 1/2 the book, pretty scary. We stopped reading it, because It was just too much with some very scary pictures if you ask me.
But I said all that to ask you this? When did Papa and Mama Bear have another baby bear? As long as I knew, it was just Papa, Mama, Brother and Sister Bear. But in this book, their is also a baby bear named... Honey Bear. Maybe I'm just totally out of the loop on them, but it was news to me.
I will get on to the stuff you really come here to see, pictures of Jolee! This is her painting her pumpkin.

My proud little pumpkin painter!

**************************************************************************
We attended a birthday party last weekend (I will post pictures of that on another post) and Jolee came home with some cool and fun prizes. One of the prizes was a "foamie" Halloween Castle kit. So the night before last when her Daddy came home from work, those two sat at the table and pieced, glued and decorated it together. They had a great time and it was so cute watching them working together. Score 1 for Daddy (playing and being all crafty with his little girl)!
Putting the castle together!



The proud owners of their finished Halloween Castle!


Jolee did not really get at first, that it wasn't a play house, that you could not take the people out once you had glued them down. So her Daddy told her this was one of those craft project's that once you had finished it, you just sat and looked at it without touching it.
So the above picture is them just sitting and staring at their finished project!








3 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

HAHAHA! That last picture is HILARIOUS! The girls can not wait for next week. I'm gonna miss them though. :)

Blogger Owl of the Desert said...

So cute! I'm totally with you on the scary stuff. I really don't enjoy scary movies. Your Bearstein Bears story made me think of another one of theirs, "The Berenstein Bears and the Spooky Old Tree." It was pretty scary, too, although I think it always showed you what the "scary stuff" really was. I don't remember Honey Bear. Can't wait to see pictures of Jolee's costume!

Blogger Table of Stone said...

Silas is hilarious! As is Jolee! And by the way, never was there a Honey bear that I remember. News to me for sure, must be behind on the children books.

Post a Comment

<< Home