October 10, 2008
"The Hog Show"
Last night we went to the Fair and attended our very 1st hog show. We went to support our brethren and sister en's in the church. Half of our youth is in the 4H and was in this hog show. And let me tell you, this hog stuff its a BIG deal! I learned more than enough about these ole hogs and poor things after last night they never get to see their homes again, yep straight to the slaughter house they go. I know you are all thinking about Wilbur right now and so was I when they told me that last night. The above picture is me and Jolee with Hamlet!

The hogs were huge! And showing hogs is harder than it looks, I mean I have never done it but all those poor kids were in their just a sweatin last night chasing their hogs around making sure the judge had seen them. We had a blast! Jolee loved watching it!


Jolee loved seeing all the animals at the fair, we actually had to see the horse show twice. I can't remember if I have told ya'll this are not, but she has asked for a horse for Christmas! And after seeing these horses last night she has changed it to, she wants a "real horse" for Christmas. This picture is Jolee clapping for the miniature ponies that were doing tricks!

They were so little and cute!

Still watching the horses and loving it! She didn't take her eyes off of them!


This is Hannah showing her pig!

This is John Anthony A.K.A. (Boo) showing his pig... Hamlet! And a congratulations to Boo and Hamlet for winning their division!


Jolee was so excited, she got to go up and pet the miniature pony "Stormy"! I mean I paid 5 bucks for this moment, but I think we are going to blow this picture up for her Christmas present, since she wants a horse so bad. Because this is the only real horse she is going to be getting!

After the hog showing we all ate some fair food and hit some rides! In the picture is Silas, Jolee, Me, Boo, Sister Sherri (or as our kids call her.. Mimi) and Brother David!

Isn't that sweet! She loved petting Stormy!

Jolee is not afraid of animals that's for sure. This is her petting Hamlet the pig, she also pet a horse, a cow, and a sheep, and was wanting and looking around for more animals to pet!

Sister Sherri looking in at her grand pig!


Jolee, Hannah, and Daddy petting the sheep!

She saw this train ride and asked to ride it all night, so we finally bought tickets and when we got over there she started crying and didn't want to ride it anymore. But seeing how we had already spent $$ on tickets she was riding the train. I mean come on it was a train, that went around a little track. I assure you it wasn't scary or I wouldn't have been on it myself. She will pet all these huge animals, but cried when she rode the train! Poor Boo, worked and worked at trying to make her laugh, notice her face in the above picture!

John Anthony (Boo) and Jolee!

We had such a great time last night, we stayed out way too late, but it was well worth it. The whole night was very eventful all the way to the end!!! We are already looking forward to next year's hog showing! The whole way home, Jolee kept saying... I want to go back, please! The fair is now known around here as "her fair" she asked all the way home... did you have fun at my fair Daddy?




2 Comments:

Blogger Rebekah Sacran said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun! I'm glad that she had fun at "her" fair. I just took the teo older girls to Silver Dollar City last weekend and they got to ride their first roller coaster. Elaina loved it but Claire cied.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like fun, sorry we missed it.

Post a Comment

<< Home