May 12, 2008
Yard Work!
Wonder what we did all weekend? I realize I kinda gave it away already in the title, but when I say yard work, I mean yard work, ALL weekend! We did everything from pull weeds along the fence, mow the yard, dug up our flower beds in the front yard and put concrete edgers and new bark, planted some monkey grass, put lights in the flower beds and along the sidewalk, oh and we also planted 6 pots of flowers! We worked until about 10:00 at night both Saturday and Sunday.
Before Picture
And when I say we all worked, we ALL worked! We were all 3 filthy dirty at the end of each night proving that we had worked so hard in that hot sun! Not only could all the dirt on us prove we had worked very hard, but Silas and I are so SORE today, dude our legs, shoulders, and back are killing us! I will have to say it was not the Mother's Day weekend that I had envisioned, but I was with my family spending quality time, no tv's or radios, just Silas, Jolee, Me, and Sophie in the HOT sun, and dirt working HARD! But I do have to give Silas a heads up, wait till Father's Day weekend buddy... lets just say I'm already working on my list for ya!

That's me under there working

My slave driver of a husband! I'm just kidding!!

Jolee even worked hard raking. Looking at her face in this picture, she looks really tired!

She didn't only work hard, she played hard too!

My flowers in the back yard!


Aren't my flowers so pretty that I planted? If only my mom could have seen me yesterday...it would have made her Mother's Day even better than it was. See, she is all into planting flowers and gardening and all that stuff, but I have never really been that into it. But yesterday, I took an interest and planted 6 pots myself! How about that? I put pictures up today of them, because they may not live very long. I'm just saying, I don't have a very good green thumb, but they are pretty today!



The 2 pictures above are the finished projects of our flower beds up front. It looks so good. It really does add and makes the front of the house look so much better. Even though I'm so tired and sore today, I'm so glad we did it, I kinda enjoyed it. We make a good team and when we put our minds to doing something, we do it! Now if we can get the inside cleaned up and looking good we will be in business!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home