April 15, 2008
This is GOOD!

Let me tell you about my weekend! My wonderful husband gave me probably one of the best gifts he could ever give me and all you mothers out there will totally understand when I say... he gave me a BREAK! I know you are all so jealous of me right now, and I'm sorry, but Ohh was it NICE!

Silas had a preaching appointment at Little Zion (it's right outside of Orlando) on Sunday and was going down the night before to stay with the Ulmer's. So he said how about I take Jolee with me Saturday night and you can have the night off. He said it will be good for you and will be good for Jolee and him to spend some time together. At first I said No, due to the fact I would totally miss her like crazy (but we do take trips without Daddy, and I know he misses her too). But after sleeping on it, I came to senses and then hearing the words from my friend Amber and my Mom...Are you crazy, you said No? It sank in what I was giving up...A night to myself!

So when Silas got home from work on Saturday, Jolee was packed up and ready to go. I had been telling her all day, you and Daddy are going on a trip today, she said Sophie too? She wasn't concerned if I was going or not she wanted to know if Sophie was going. I told her No, just her and Daddy, next question...Daddy's truck? Yes, you are going on a trip with Daddy in his truck. And that's all she talked about the rest of the day... Daddy, trip, and truck.

When Daddy finally got ready to go that evening he said ok give your mom kisses and tell her bye. That's when the water-works started to fly for me, not Jolee. She was ready, she said bye mommy as she kissed me and went and climbed up in the truck, and that was it. I admit I came in and cried for just a bit, but then headed out to get my haircut and eyebrows waxed (so I would have 2 again) and then even went and rented 2 chick flicks, came home got in my pj's and only got up to change out the movies! Oh it was so NICE and RELAXING. I can't remember the last time I got to watch a whole movie all the way through. On Sunday I got up and went to church and actually got to follow along in my bible and could actually tell you pretty much everything he preached on that morning. I will say I did miss having my family in church with me though! After church I had planned on coming home and taking a long nap before my travelers came back to me, but instead I ended up watching Lifetime movies and laying on the couch.

When they got home, she ran through that door hollering mommy with a big ole smile on her face, and I got the biggest hug and kiss from her. That was so sweet. I missed them both so much, don't get me wrong I enjoyed my time off, but was ready and waiting on them with a renewed energy. Thank you to the Ulmer's for housing my husband and my little girl. I hear she kept you very entertained. And a BIG thank you to my husband for realizing, yes.. I indeed needed a little break. That was so very sweet of you and I didn't worry about her at all because she was with her Daddy who loves and cares for her so deeply as I do! My only question is..When are we doing this again???

*** Here's a little video for ya'll of Jolee counting my toes***



5 Comments:

Blogger Table of Stone said...

oh my gosh, I want a night off from school, you think silas could maybe come and study and take my tests for me.? That would be awesome! I LOVE lifetime movies but they are so long and you have to have time for them, which I know you totally understand. But I'm glad that you got a break, hopefully I'll get one too soon.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Tara, so glad you got a break. Sometimes, Mommy needs a little time. It's great to have that renewed energy. However, we enjoyed our weekend with your sweet husband and Jolee. We are ready for them anytime. A great Weekend for all.:) Thank you for sharing!
Love ya
The Ulmers

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you!! You can't beat those Lifetime movies.

Love Ya,
Beth

Blogger Amber said...

How stinkin' adorable is that video?? Gosh, T, she is getting too old. Makes me sad...and she's not even mine. HA!

Blogger Brittany said...

Can't get much smarter than that! I believe you've got a genius on your hands!

Post a Comment

<< Home