March 13, 2008
One Big Girl Thing has Lead to Another...
We are done with our passy! So you all remember how we were talking it up to her about being a big girl and Weston would be a baby and he would need a passy, so did she want to give hers to baby Weston? Well it didnt quiet work out that way, but it did happen while we were in Bama last week visiting Weston. She was still saying Umm No, when we asked her did she want to give it to Weston last week.
To set the scene for ya...I walk in the door at JoJo and Pam's house and she was sitting in Granna's lap crying, saying OH NO, OH NO. So me being a mom I just think to myself, well she probably fell or someone told her No or something like that, then Granna says tell your Mom what happened...Jolee muffles out in between her crying to say BROKE, BROKE Mommy and holds up her Passy, and then I say OH NO, OH NO (maybe that's were she gets that little saying from, who knows) because flashing in my head is me saying for months upon months,Ok once this passy is gone, no more, that's it, we are done with it. Then another flash comes to my mind is that I have a 8 hour drive ahead of me with a child with no PASSY, what am I going to do?

Let me go back and tell you, it was a big deal because you cant just go to your local WalMart or Target and get one of Jolee's passy's, the only way you can get those kind, the only kind she would take since birth. It's the one they gave her at the hospital to help her learn to suck (she didnt know how, due to her being born a month early, obviously they learn that the last month in the womb, and she skipped out on that) so that's why she always had that big ole green passy in her mouth, its the only one she would ever take. You can only get those kind at the hospital when they are born or order them off the Internet and lets just say they are pretty expensive, that's why when the last one was gone from our big order of them last year we were done with them. No more ordering. When we got down to the only one left several months ago we would only let her have it at nap time or bedtime, trying to prepare her and us I think for the dreaded day, when we had no more passy's.

I guess you probably all are waiting to find out what happened to it, well she was teething evidently and had chomped on it so much it tore. We told her it was broke and that was the end of it while we were in Bama. But on the 8 hour trip home and when we got home it was a different story. I don't know who missed it more on the trip home me or her, she didn't sleep the entire trip. When it came time for bed she started looking for it under her crib, and we have gone thru several sleepless nights. I thought Silas was going to cry with her, it broke his heart that she was looking for it everywhere, but what really got him was when she would stand up in the crib and look over the rail in between the wall and crib. Poor Daddy!

But now that she is done with her passy, she does not want to sleep in her crib!


That's our 2nd big girl thing we are dealing with, she wants to sleep in the big bed that's in the guest bedroom. When it is time for bed she will run and get on the big girl bed and lay down and she has been sleeping really well on it and loves it. So I guess this weekend we are going to either break down the crib and change it into a day bed or move the big girl bed (that's now what she is calling it) into her room. Sniff, Sniff! I cant believe she is getting so big. She has woken up from naps and bedtime in the best of moods since sleeping in the big girl bed, so I'm all for it! We will let you in on which bed she chooses this weekend!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is getting to be such a big girl. Maybe she can give Matthew some lessons on the Pacifier and bed time.
Love Ya,
Beth

Blogger Amanda said...

James was the same way about that ugly ol' green pappy but I did finally get him to take a more flattering one a few weeks back!
Your little nephew is just toooo cute! I know what you mean about getting all weepy about your siblings children. My neice and I have a bond like no other!
By the way, Jolee is just adorable in her little pink crocs!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home