March 19, 2008
So we just got back from the park...
Jolee and I had a great time playing and swinging together, we went and sat on the bridge and watched the ducks swimming and playing in the water
and we even went on a walk on the nature trail (which we will NOT ever be doing that again, just for your information!) I don't know what came over me to do that in the 1st place by myself and with my child. We just started walking on this trail in the woods, we were talking and looking at birds, Jolee was running and chasing butterflies, and then when I looked back and all I could see was woods, I thought to myself..yep this isn't the smartest thing I have done lately. But I was to far in to go back.

So then I tried to talk myself thru it saying..it cant be that bad it's a nature trail for goodness sake and yes you are by yourself not knowing where it ends up at, and yes no one knows where you were going today, but still it has to come out somewhere on the park property, right? When we got to the very end of it and you could see a fence that lead to the road I knew we couldn't get out that way, so we turned around and started heading back. At that point I decided I should probably call Silas and tell him where I was and what I was doing. His reaction is , what? really? you are in the woods lost, well keep your cell phone on?

After trying several little paths to find our way out of there, we made it! Although we did end up coming up from behind the tennis courts, how we got there who knows, but we walked out and around from behind the courts like we knew what we were doing and walked straight to our car and came home, we were done for the day, enough excitement for ole' mom today!

Silas called a while later and asked did we make it out of the woods and said he got to thinking.. who would have ever believed him, if indeed I was lost in the woods and he had to call someone. #1. I don't like the woods. #2. that's not like me at all. #3. I don't like being by myself especially in the woods #4. I'm a scaredy cat! I mean the list could go on and on people. I guess I just got so carried away with our little science outing about birds and butterflies and ducks I clearly wasn't thinking about where we were heading!


All in all we girls had one adventurous day! But I do think next time we will stick to the playing on the playground and watching the ducks!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tara
Next time just drop bread crumbs along the way, you are sure to make it back then. (That is of course if you feed the duck very good before you go.) :)
Kathy

Blogger Laura said...

Yikes! Bless your heart! Glad you're home...safe and sound! :-)

Post a Comment

<< Home