April 28, 2008
An Early Present!
So have you guessed what we did ALL weekend! If you look at the above picture, you can see our brand new addition to the back yard! That's right, this weekend was spent putting together this swing set for Miss. Jolee. Here's the thing...Jolee's birthday is coming up in May and her present from us is this swing set. This was really the only weekend we had before her birthday that we could devote a whole weekend to staying at home and putting it together, so she just got her birthday present a little early, that's all!

This is Jolee and her Daddy on Saturday reading the directions before they started on it!


Evidently, Jolee was tired of reading the directions, so she went ahead and got started getting the tools out of the tool box!

Thank goodness, we had some wonderful backup help that came and saved me and Jolee from having to help Daddy all day and night put this thing together. So a big shout out goes to the Whitehead family, for their wonderful and much needed help on Saturday with the swing set!

Silas ended up working until 1:30 in the morning on this thing, once he got started he was unstoppable. But we had one happy girl when she woke up Sunday morning and saw it almost finished. She told everyone at church about her slide and swing, she was so excited!

When we got home from church Silas and I finished it, and then all afternoon was spent playing on the slide and swings. I'm talking we played all evening to the point where I am burnt! But thank goodness Jolee has her daddy's coloring, because hers turned straight to a tan (lucky girl)!

Jolee swinging!

climbing her ladder!

She loves it, she is so excited!

going down the slide!


Daddy pushing Jolee on the swings!

I love this one!

It was hard getting Jolee to come inside before we had the swing set, but I can see it is going to be even harder now. It has rained basically all day here, she has cried and cried as she looked out the sliding glass doors saying....Jolee swing, Jolee slide! So needless to say...she has played in the rain some today. I mean what kind of mom would I be if I didn't let her play in the rain on her new swing set? Not a fun one, that's for sure! Oh and this morning she was outside in her pj's drinking her orange juice in her fort! I love it! She loves it! Daddy loves it! We love watching her on it, and love seeing her so excited about it. I bet I know what we will be doing all summer now! So happy way early birthday sweetheart, I hope it brings you a ton of fun memories!

P.S. Thanks Silas for working so hard on this, this weekend! You have made our little girl very happy!



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the new swing! Love the pictures of Jolee. I can not get over how big she is getting.

Love Ya, Beth

Blogger Rebekah Sacran said...

How fun! We are getting our first swingset for the girls sometime in May.

Blogger Kathy U said...

What a great Mom and Dad Jolee has.
Kathy

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sister Tara,
It is way cool! Tell Jolee that her Nina wants to come and play. I am so glad she has her swing. I remember when Sarah and Kate got their swing...it was a very happy day at our little home too!
Love ya,
Sister Dina

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The swing set is great I see how much Jolee loves it. I can't wait to see Jolee playing on it in person. I miss ya'll so much.
Love Granna

Post a Comment

<< Home