October 15, 2007
Playing with Playdough
Last Friday I was looking around for a new activity for me and Jolee to do, and I remembered we had a cool little playdough set that Silas' boss from Melbourne gave him and told him to keep it for Jolee till she got old enough to play with (thanks Grandpa Chuck) and yes after moving twice since then, we still have it! I put her in her little chair pulled it up to the table and we started to play, she wasn't to sure about it in the beginning, she would barely touch it and then make a face and then try to flick it off of her hands. By the end of playdough time that day she had started actually touching it and playing with it and her facial expressions got a little better.


Look at that face!

Still not liking it on her fingers!

See she eventually warmed up to it on Friday!

On Sunday evening we all gathered round the table to have family playdough time and we really did have a lot of fun. And this time Jolee was a pro at playing with the playdough! She was attempting to use all the little cutouts making ish's (fish) and circles. Something else I learned about Silas is that he is the master at playdough, and takes it very serious. We decided we would each make something and then show each other our creations at the end, but after you see the pictures you will know who won, but in my defense I didn't know we were really putting that much of an effort in to it. So I really couldn't tell you who had more fun playing that night between Daddy or Jolee.


Look at her go!


Daddy and Jolee making hand prints!

Told ya he gets serious when playing, look at his face!

Oh and look at this face Miss. Serious in the making as well when playing with playdough!


Ok, so this is what I made and I thought it was pretty good!

And this is what Silas made, so yeah he kinda won that one!

All in all we had a great time laughing, watching, and playing with Jolee. Oh how your Sunday evenings change when you have a kiddo.






3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, no more napping once little ones join the family. Looks like you all had a great time. It brought back a memory to me of Pappy helping you color, paint or playing play dough, I wasn't aware of his interest in art until you and Joe came along and I saw how much he enjoyed, and how serious he became about his art!! You learn something new about your mates everyday, if you take the time to look. Love
Granna

Blogger Brittany said...

I am assuming the artistic talent comes from Silas? : )

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jolee it looks like you are having fun with the playdough. Your Mom & Dad look like they are having fun too!!!!! Great bull...Silas!!!
Way to Spell Tara!!!!!
Love Pappy

Post a Comment

<< Home