August 28, 2007
Our Trip to Sea World
This past weekend we took Jolee to Sea World! We all had a wonderful and fun time, but I will have to say it was HOT! and I mean HOT! HOT as in sweat dripping off of all 3 of us! We all shared an icee type drink and it was even melting before we could get it all eaten, the back of Jolee's hair was curled up and wet with sweat (that's gross I know) but true. We knew what we were getting our self's into going to Sea World in the middle of August, but when you got a little girl who loves Elmo so much, you do what you got to do. This was the last chance we would have to see Elmo, and his furry friends who had docked at Sea World until Labor Day. So on Sat. morning we were up and ready and in our car at 5:45AM SEA WORLD BOUND! We had breakfast with Elmo at 9:15 and the rest of the day we did all the shows! Jolee is definitely going to be an animal lover, she talked to them, and pointed to them, and got so excited when watching Shamu and the dolphins jumping and doing tricks, she would clap and laugh, and that's what made it all worth it. Silas and I were talking on the way home that night after we left the park, we both love Sea World, the shows are amazing to watch, but it was even better watching it through Jolee's eyes, she just lit up with excitement. We were exhausted and hot but the day was so much fun, and even though she probably wont remember it, we have pictures and video and we will always have the memory of seeing her face light up with excitement when she saw Elmo, Shamu, and all the other animals that day. I posted a lot of pictures today of us at Sea World, but they all have their own story and I couldn't leave any out, so hope you enjoy them!

Daddy and Jolee were looking at the Sea Lions in this picture! Jolee was sure telling those Sea Lions something, she babbled and hollered right back at them!



This was at the entrance to Sea World, and I took it thinking it would be good on the scrapbook page!

A cute little family picture in front of the Shamu Statue!


Elmo was dancing in this one! When Elmo came out, she reached for him and started talking to him!

Jolee got a bit freaked out when Ernie started getting close to her. But she had no idea who Ernie was, due to the fact we don't watch Ernie, we watch ELMO! I mean I understand, if a big orange thing that was moving and dancing started coming near me, I might get a little upset too!

Look at her, she was reading that sign!



She wasn't quite sure about Bert either!


A family picture with Elmo and Big Bird! Jolee was excited about it being with Elmo. But Silas and I deep down I think were excited because it was with Big Bird, who was huge when we were kids, I realize its been like 27, 28 years later, but hey we'll take it!



She loved all the characters from a far! This was Elmo and Big Bird dancing a jig!



Jolee was looking at the Sea Lions in this one!


That's what she was looking at!



Daddy was showing her something....



Jolee and me walking to the Shamu show!


We were watching the dolphins, in the picture above.


A cute one, Jolee and I shared a kids meal, that had fries and chicken fingers, and it came in this little Shamu lunchbox. She carried around the rest of the day, she loved it!


Shamu!


We got her a Shamu stuffed animal for her souvenir! She was hugging when I took this picture!


We had not even hardly made it out of the parking lot, and I looked back and she was asleep already, but notice she was still holding her cup and her new Shamu!


We had a great day with lots and lots of great memories, and boy was she good, she was good the whole day!






2 Comments:

Blogger Table of Stone said...

ya'll are such a cute, sweet family. I love sea world. Makes me want to go back real bad.

Blogger Owl of the Desert said...

Looks like a great time. Jolee has some great looks on her face, like she's studying everything. And ya'll look cute, too! :-)

I'm with ya on the Big Bird thing. I remember all of our stories revolved around him. Looking in the pictures, he looks like the wise one - with the tie and all.

Post a Comment

<< Home