August 10, 2007
Mommy is in the House!
Finally, last night Jolee said Mommy clear as day! Twice a matter a fact. She looked straight at me and said it too! Not that we would need proof, but if we did Silas was here and heard her say it too! When she said it, we both looked at each other, like did you hear that, she said it, she said Mommy! I know you are probably thinking why is that such a big deal? So let me tell you, why it is a big deal, because forever I have been "bobby" instead of mommy or "baba" instead of mama! Or listen to this one, when I say Mommy, Jolee says Daddy, How about that one? So see why I'm so excited! And I realize that my little girl may not say it again for awhile, but at least I know that she can say it, and that she really knows that I'm her mommy.


Jolee is at such a fun stage right now. I just love being with her! She has learned how to put her Daddy's cap on her head, and everything she does she thinks is hilarious, and laughs and laughs and laughs, and makes sure that we are laughing too, which we are. She has become a little dare devil as well, she will climb from the recliner to the couch and jump with her arms out like super man to the middle of the couch face first, and then laugh and squeal the whole way down. Don't think I am encouraging this because I was cooking supper last night and look and she was already in mid air. But yes, I admit I did let her do it again so I could capture the above picture!



2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Aww! What a moment. Ethan said Mama first. Daniel said Dada first, and Hannah's been saying Mamamamamama constantly...but I say it still counts...even if it's not on purpose! :-) Have a great day and we'll see you tomorrow!

Blogger Brittany said...

Congratulations you proud MOMMY you!

Post a Comment

<< Home