September 10, 2007
Only I could have a dog....
Looking at the above, cute little picture of our Sophie, you wouldn't think she has issues, but oh does she have issues! That's why I titled this post, Only I would have a dog! Because only I could have a dog that is allergic to fat....and can only have reduced fat treats and food. Only I could have a dog that can't go on walks, due to getting too hot and throwing up afterwards. Only I could have a dog, that has anxiety, yes I said anxiety! Only I could have a dog that has panic attacks. And only I could have a dog that is on human strength ZANEX! That's right my dear Sophie has been put on Zanex by the Vet.

So here's the low down on Sophie, bless her heart! She has always been a little weird about things, but now it has gone overboard. When anything is out of place, she barks till you put it back, if you leave the ref. door open she barks till you close it back. And the final straw for me was when she stopped eating her food out of her bowl, she walks around it and barks, but will not get close to it (and no, to answer the question I know you all are thinking, we haven't changed her bowl). She will now only eat her food on a rug in the kitchen, spread out and not touching. Another issue is...when we put her in her kennel she pants as if her heart is going to pop out of her little doggy chest, this is all going on while trying to climb out of the top of her kennel or while trying to dig out the bottom of the kennel. I know you are probably laughing right now, but it is really sad, I tell you. When we took her to the Vet. my exact words were.. Somebody's getting some pills today its either me or her. So when the Vet. asked me where he should call her pills in to, my reply was I really don't know, I have never used a dog pharmacy before and while keeping a straight face he said no hun where do you get your prescriptions filled, so yes he called them into Walgreen's! When I got there to pick them up I said picking up for Ford please, and the lady said.. would you be picking up medication for a dog.... yep, that's me! And on the bottle of Zanex it is written "Sophie Dog Ford"! So see why I said, Only I could have a dog like this!

And evidently, Jolee even feels sorry for Sophie, because some days Jolee feeds her out of her hand, pebble by pebble!





3 Comments:

Blogger Table of Stone said...

that's funny! It's not you only though because the wouters dog takes something like ambien to sleep because it keeps them up at night it is so hyper! It's like a doggie tranquilizer i think, funny stuff.

Blogger Reya said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Reya said...

Wow, i am so sorry that Sophie has all those problems. Go figure though that it would end up being your dog. Thats funny. Jolee is so cute feeding sophie.

Post a Comment

<< Home