February 3, 2010
An Update on Me and Brennan
So I haven't posted in forever and this time I have a really, really good excuse why I haven't. I have been in the hospital and now I'm out on bed rest. Yep, I said bed rest and hospital! So here is the long story short.

I went a couple of weeks ago, to my OBGYN for a regular check-up and I was driving to the apt. I saw spots and knew immediately, it was probably my blood pressure (it brought flashbacks of when I was pregnant with Jolee). So when I got to the Dr's. office, they checked my blood pressure 3 times and said to me....Congratulations, you have just won yourself a trip to Labor and Delivery to be monitored for a couple of hours (due to my pregnancy with Jolee, I had pre-eclampsia).


So Thank God, Silas was there with me and called Sis. Sherri who came and picked up Jolee. Let me add Silas, had just gotten off of a plane, from a business trip to Atlanta. We Get over to L&D and get all hooked up, with IV's, all kind of monitors, blood work taken, and tons and tons of questions, etc, etc. My blood work came back, and it was not so good. Evidently, your potassium level is supposed to be 3.4 - 5.4 and mine set the alarms off in the Lab coming back at 2.1. That explains, why I have been extremely tired and exhausted this pregnancy and so sick. So that won me a night in the hospital, which then turned into a 6 day stay at the hospital, before they could get my potassium and blood pressure manageable again.

I absolutely hated being in the hospital, away from my family. Due to the H1N1 flu, they are not letting children under 5 on the L&D hall, so that meant I had to get wheeled out in a wheelchair to the lobby, in order to see Jolee. Which I did, and enjoyed every precious minute I got to spend with her in that lobby. It took a few days, for her to come around to me with the IV, hospital gown, and wheelchair she just wasn't used to seeing me like that. Every time my visit was over, with her I would cry and cry.
Our church family, has been wonderful. From keeping and helping out with Jolee, to coming and visiting me in the hospital, cards and phone calls. My Mom is here now helping us out, having to do everything for me and in the house. I got to get out of the hospital, with strict orders of bed rest, no driving, no nothing. But at least I'm at home and can rest in my own bed and sit and color in the bed with Jolee and she brings her barbies in and we play. She still says several times a day...Mommy, you are not going to leave me and go back to that hospital for a long time again are you? Which breaks my heart.

I'm seeing the Dr. twice a week, to keep a check on Me and Brennan. The Dr's. goal is to try to make it to 34 wks, as long as my blood pressure, potassium, and protein levels stay ok. Brennan is doing great, active as usual and weighs 3lbs 12oz right now. I will be 30 weeks tomorrow and go back to the Dr. on Friday.

So post may be few and far between, but I will try to update on me or teach Silas how to. I'm trying to find me a laptop to borrow, so I can update more often from my bed.

So please be in pray for me and my family.


5 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

We love you and are praying!! Call us if you need anything!!

Blogger Table of Stone said...

Wow, potassium 2.1. I bet you weren't feeling good. I hate you are missing the wedding...but I hope that you start feeling better. We are praying for you and Brennan. See you soon.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better...Hope to see you soon!
Love ya,
Nina

Blogger Laura said...

Oh my! We're praying for you guys!
Laura

Blogger Brittany said...

You have been on my mind a lot lately! Praying for you guys constantly!

Post a Comment

<< Home