February 11, 2010
A Heavy Heart
Silas' Grandfather, are as we called him Pa-Pa passed away last Sunday night. He had been in the hospital for about 3 weeks prior to that. Silas and Jolee left that night and headed up to Bama for the funeral. It is absolutely killing me, that I'm here on bed rest and Silas and his family are there going through this hard/sad and difficult time. I knew Pa-Pa way before he became my Pa-Pa, when I married Silas almost 10 years ago.
He spoke the kindest words, this last Christmas about Silas and the man he had become and that will always be with me. I'm so glad, I will have that memory of him from this Christmas along with the one of him telling the entire family, that I was pregnant and not just getting fatter. Along with a ton of other memories and stories he always told. The night, Silas and I got engaged I saw him and he kept saying..are you sure you want to marry Lee (that is what he always called him) and yes Pa-Pa to this day, I'm still absolutely sure I wanted to marry "Lee"! Lee he was proud of you and loved you, always know that!

When we told Jolee, that Pa-Pa went to heaven she said..he gave me a dress for Christmas and one for my doll so we can match! She then said...we can still go see Grandma Beth, right mom? As she then went and put on the dress Pa-Pa had given her and dressed her doll up and wore it for the next couple of hours. Kids are amazing!

(Jolee and Chloie in their matching dresses, that Pa-Pa gave them at Christmas)

Please, keep Silas and his family in your prayers. Tomorrow is the funeral and I hate that he is having to go through this by his self, although he reassured me he would not be alone..Jesus would be there with him. My 2 favorite people, will be heading back home to me on Friday and I can't wait, I miss them like crazy!


You will be missed Pa-Pa!


(Pa-Pa and Grandma Beth at Christmas with some of their great grandkids)



1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Your family is in our prayers. I love the dress. We love you! Beth, Brian and Matty

Post a Comment

<< Home