August 24, 2009
SURPRISE DADDY!!!!
(Jolee and Brother Lee blowing up the balloons)

So Silas turned the big 30 this month, and what better way to celebrate than to have a SURPRISE party! And it really was a surprise, he still didn't believe it even after he walked in and everyone shouted SURPRISE and started singing Happy Birthday to him! We literally had to show him the cake with his name on it before he was a believer.

I knew there was nothing Silas would love or enjoy more these days, than being and celebrating with our dear and wonderful friends from church. They where all so wonderful in helping plan it and keeping it a secret from him. Our wonderful decoy couple..Matt and Stacey helped tremendously. We were going to Nina and Brother Lee's house to have a welcoming dinner for them, or so Silas thought. They are new at church and we wanted to get to know them better and welcome them, they already fit in great and we really are going to have a dinner for them soon!

When Silas and Brother David FINALLY got there, Silas was late to his own party (but didn't know it). He told me the day before he was going to a wedding with Bro. David and would be there later. Inside I wanted to say...it's for you crazy, you can't be late. But I kept my cool and went with it. So like I said when they finally showed up. Matt and Stacey answered the door and said...it's about time you get here. Silas still not having no clue said...we can start the party now....So everyone jumped out and shouted SURPRISE, he was really shocked and SURPRISED! I usually don't get things by him, but this time I got him and pulled it off!


Silas after walking in the door and being SURPRISED, with a proud Papa David behind him!


His cake table with some important milestones in his life...baby picture, wedding picture, and a picture of him and his little girl!



Blowing out the candles! I was going to get 3o individual candles but then I thought, no I will be nice, plus my time will be here before we know it.




Brother Lee and Jolee. Jolee was so excited about the party for her Daddy, all day she kept saying surprise daddy...Happy Birthday!


after we grilled out, the kids played in the pool, while......

the adults did some singing and talking, but mostly laughing.


Silas and Nina singing


The men chatting it up


And the woman laughing as usual!
It was a wonderful day. I could not have pulled it off with out Nina and Brother Lee, they worked so hard helping me get everything ready. I love you guys and am so blessed to have you in my family's life. Thank you for all you did!



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time! Sorry we missed it. Love Ya, Beth

Blogger Amanda said...

I would love to have been in on that conversation in the last pic! Looks like a great party :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tara Ford!!!!! I am going to beat your butt for putting this picture on here! What in the world am I doing? Will you people please tell me how crazy I look!

Post a Comment

<< Home