December 15, 2009
Christmas Parade 2009
A couple of weekends ago, well actually it was the night of the Bama vs. Florida game, you know the game where we beat them. Jolee was in her very first Christmas Parade. But don't worry all of my Bama family and friends, we made sure to watch the first half with our HUGE gator fan preacher and deacon of the church and after the parade, we made sure to go back and rub in who won and who was the SEC champions,etc. After that night, I have earned the name Sister Meanie from my preacher, to which I blamed it on the hormones and pregnancy! But oh how fun it was, and believe me those two would have been at my house beating my door down if their Gators had won.



But anyway, back to Jolee's 1st Christmas Parade. She rode on a float with her dance studio. It was an Angel float, so they were dressed in white and had halo's on and candles to hold. She looked so cute! She loved every minute of it. She waved and hollered Merry Christmas the entire time to all the people standing on the streets. I told her, you don't have to wave the whole time, her reply...oh yes I do. And if some people didn't wave back, she told me about it...Mom, those people did not wave at me. She was hysterical! When one hand got tired she switched to the other hand. She did a great job!


Kaitlin and Jolee on the float. Kaitlin dances there too and also goes to church with us. So loved already knowing someone and a older girl at that.



She saw alot of people from the church, that she knew standing on the streets watching the parade and she got so excited. But, when she saw the McCooks, she was beside herself. After we waved to them and they yelled her name out, she was pumped. Then she said, can we turn this around and go back and see Carrigan again. I tried to explain, parades just go straight, they don't really do U-turns.




Jolee with her teacher Miss. Leigh and her friend in dance class Alayna.





Jolee in front of the float at the end of the parade. She keeps asking, when she can be in another parade, and I told her next Christmas. So she said until then, we can be in our own parade in our van. So, yes as we ride down the road sometimes she says, ok mom stay straight in the parade and I will wave at people.
The joy and fun that children bring to your life is unexplainable!




2 Comments:

Blogger Beth Turner said...

She is the perfect Angel. So cute!! I agree totally with your last statement. It is unexplainable. We love you!! Beth

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Jolee was the highlight of Carrigan's parade as well!

Post a Comment

<< Home